Limited places are still available for the foray on Stewart Island, taking place between April 11th – 17th 2021. Key details are:
- We will be selling passes for the full week only this year
- The venue will be the Community Centre in Oban (https://www.stewartisland.co.nz/community-centre/)
- Registration will include a visit to the Mamaku Point Sanctuary via bus on the Tuesday (https://www.mamakupoint.nz/)
- Registration will include a boat trip to Ulva Island, this will be pre-arranged and you will visit there on Monday or Thursday (Friday can be a ‘weather day’, and the days will be pre-allocated)
- There will be a colloquium day as per normal on the Wednesday
- FUNNZ membership will be included in the foray cost
- Attendees will take care of their own breakfasts, the ‘meal plan’ lunch will be a pre-bagged lunch, with fish n chips for a bit of variety on the Wednesday
- Dinner Mon - Fri will be in the South Sea Hotel, main course only, 6 choices (same choices!) available each night. Sunday dinner will be provided by the Lions and will likely be a BBQ or similar
- All meals will include a vegetarian option (the hotel will mix it up through the week), but they are not able to cater specifically for other dietary requirements.
Cost (excluding travel and accommodation)
- A: Facilities fee only (no meals): $150.00 B: Facilities, 6 dinners: $360.00 C: Facilities, 6 dinners, 5 lunches: $430.00
If you are interested, get in touch with Foray organiser Renee [ [email protected] ] and confirm a place is available before booking travel and accommodation.
Student scholarships towards some costs are available. If you are a tertiary student studying environmental or biological sciences, email FUNNZ president David Orlovich by February 28th for information about how to apply.